Thursday 10 April 2014

What have your learnt from your audience feedback?






My audience feedback on my music video is a mix of positives and things that i could have improved on but overall i have had a good review from my target audience, by asking my target audience questions about my music video it showed me that my music video has been successful. If i was to do my music video all over again they also gave me ideas which i can build and improve on.

When carrying out research into my music video and genre i set up a focus group (below) to allow me to get an audiences view on the pop punk genre and what they expect to see in a pop punk music video and how it is represented in media videos. By doing this it allowed me to get an outside opinion from two different people who enjoy two different genres (indie and hip-hop) From this feedback it allowed me to feature the expectations of a pop punk genre into my music video for example: Dom said he expects to see "piercings and tattoos" so i included a girl in my music video who has those and he also said he would "prefer to see a performance video" so i have included a band and performance clips into my music video. 


(also featured on a previous post)

Again when carrying out my research i created a poll on my blog which a few participants have took part and filled out for me and this allowed me to gain my research about my audience. Also when looking for my target audience i conducted a survey on the research i had found on the conventions of pop punk music videos and asked local friends who are interested in the pop punk genre what they expect to see in a pop punk music video and the majority of them said they expect to see "instruments, fast edits, comedy and alternative stereotypes" and this allowed me to create a pie chart of my results from my audience feedback on what the majority expected and by doing this it allowed me to see my target audiences expectations of a pop punk music video so that i could incorporate these aspects into my music video.




No comments:

Post a Comment