Friday 11 April 2014

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I believe that my two products together are effective as they both hold a house style which keeps the continuity throughout the the two products, for example; the theme of the colour red is continued throughout my music video and ancillary text, which is a convention of most media products and campaigns. I analysed magazine adverts and music videos of the pop punk genre to help me come up with my media products as i took inspiration from the products i looked at, therefore i believe that my media products all together are effective as my inspiration came from other pop punk genred media txts and products. When looking at pop punk music videos i found that they incoparate humour in the majority of their music videos for example bands such as blink 182, fall out boy and sum 41 music videos are mostly comedic and connate "having a laugh" and "taking the mick"therefore i have made sure that my music video includes comedy within the narrative to match the conventions of the pop punk genre. When carrying out audience research i found that the stereotypical person who listens to the genre of my music video are stereotypically 'alternative' and have an 'alternative' look, therefore because of this i chose to have a cast with an alternative look which the audience may be able to relate to. The female in my music video (Ayisja) has an alternative looks as she has tattoos and piercings and a rockabilly look to her and the male in my music video (Simon) also has this look as he has an 'alternative' fashion sense and choice of clothing as he wears baggy tops and skinny jeans which again is stereotypical of the pop punk genre as it embraces individuality. My music has the effective convention that most music videos have which is shots or actions which match to certain words of the song at the correct time, and i have done this with my music video as it is an effective convention. When looking at magazine posters advertising pop punk albums and singles i found that they tend to keep their posters simple with a 'laid back look' as thats the image what my genre tend to go for in the majority of their media products.

I have placed my magazine advert thats advertising my cd cover in a 'kerrang!' magazine i have done this because this magazine will attract my target audience as the type of people that buy and read this magazine are the target audience i am aiming my media products towards.
Kerrang magazine is an alternative music magazine which features rock bands and bands of my genre therefore this is the ideal magazine to place my ancillary product. My magazine advert also fits well with the house style colours of kerrang magazine (red and black) which my magazine advert also features therefore it fits perfectly with the magazine. I also have placed my CD cover on the 'Transways - Date Night' track which shows what my CD cover will look like on Itunes.


My main product and ancillary texts support each other as they both include the same cast and for my ancillary products i have used screen shots froms clips that are included in my music video so that all my products fit together and can be identified together by my target audience. Both my ancillary texts (the cd pack and the magazine advert) have there own house styles as i have used the same font on both products as well as the same colours. I have used the main image of the two cast members holding hands on both my cd cover and my magazine advert so that when my audience look at the magazine advert they'll then go out to buy the cd and be able to recognise it straight away by the main image as it is included on both my ancillary products.


My ancillary texts are effective in combination with the music video because i have used screen shots from my music video and placed them on my digi pack and the magazine advertisement, i have made sure that all my products can be recognised together as a package and audiences will be able to see this when they look at my final products. When asking my peers to look at my products (music video and ancillary texts) they have all recognised that these products are all related and effective together. On my ancilary texts i have created my own housestyle for my products and continuity throughout. I have used the same font text on both my products and the same colours on the products too, red being the main colour which catches the audiences eye, i wanted red to be vibrant throughout my products because when looking at conventions of the pop punk genre i have found that they use lots of bright colours and red is a main one, so i have to included it into my products, i have also used the colour red in my music video by having the female character wear a red bandana and red lipstick so that my music video goes with my ancillary texts to create a similar package making my media products effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment